Coronavirus - Sickness and Self Isolation
My employer wants me to come to work. How do I respond when I don't have a sick note?
Employees should take time off work if they're ill. By law, medical evidence is not required for the first 7 days of sickness (that is, employees can self certify). After 7 days, it is for the employer to determine what evidence they require, if any, from the employer.
We continue to urge employer's to respect the need to stay at home where they are following government advice to do so and to show flexibility in the evidence they require from employees.
INDEX - Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Vaccination Information
- Latest Updates
- Practice Changes
- Telephone and Video Consultations
- Booking an Appointment
- Ordering Prescriptions
- Sickness and Self Isolation
- Children & Coronavirus
- Clinical Trials
- Covid-19 Testing
- Helplines and Advice
- Response Transparency Notice
- Information for Vulnerable / High Risk Patients
- The Right Place for Medical Care
- Sirona Number for Users
- MiDoS Local Service Directory